Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blog Assignment # 5

 picture of colorful iPod nanos


100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn
 This was a very informative page. Obviously it gave you 100 ways to learn with your iPod including tutorials, applications and a section giving classroom help.  One of the things I liked was the iPod lesson plans link which gives you ways to allow the students to learn by integrating iPods into their lesson. I also liked the Create Podcasts link which gives you step by step instructions on how to create a podcast from preproduction to publishing. This is definitely something I think my group will use while creating our podcast for this class.

Eagles' Nest Radio & Class Blog 
I loved this. These 3rd graders are having a blast while learning about Rome, famous explorers and interesting shark facts. I think this page is the epitome of the use of technology in the classroom to engage students in learning while helping them realize that it is actually FUN to learn new things. 

Langwitches Blog: Flat Stanley Podcast 
I was blown away by how creative these kids were at just 5 years old. They did a podcast telling their version of the book Flat Stanley by Jim Brown, and it was so neat! They used the Garageband program to record their voices and add sound effects to the story. It turned out very well. I encourage you to check it out! I hope to be able to incorporate technology this way in my future classroom. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be pretty awesome of we were able to use our ipods to learn in class. I think South should try using ipods in some of the classes instead of clickers!
    I agree with you about the Eagle's Nest Radio as well. Those kids did a fantastic job of recording and publishing their podcasts and i commend the teacher for being able to implement that kind of technology in a classroom at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagle Nest and Langwitches are two of my favorites. I hoped they helped you with your podcast and revealed possibilities for your teaching.

    ReplyDelete