Monday, October 4, 2010

C4T Teacher #2 Summary Post

For my second Comments 4 Teachers (C4T) assignment, I was assigned Dr. Paige Baggett. Dr. Baggett is an Assistant Professor in the College of Education at the University of South Alabama. If you would like you can view her blog, Pondering Paige.
The first post I viewed on her blog was a post titled "Studio Days" and how lessons learned in ART can teach us about life. I found Dr. Baggett's idea of having a Studio Day at South very exciting. She asked if she found a way to have a studio day would any one come to enjoy it, and I told her I would love to be involved with it. A few hours during the day to focus on nothing but a project that only you would have to enjoy would be great; a nice way to "get away from it all".

pinwheels and peace signThe second post I viewed was her post titled "Whirled Peace" at the USA COE. I had seen a previous post about these pinwheels when I commented on her 1st post, but didn't really know what it was all about. It was great to see how Dr. Baggett brought the idea to USA and how people participated in the International Day of Peace. Dr. Baggett even brought her sons to plant the first pinwheel at the USA COE before they went to school that morning. I had Dr. Baggett for a course a few semesters ago, and always loved how she encouraged people to get out of their comfort zones and do things that they normally would not have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment