Sunday, October 3, 2010

Comments 4 Kids Summary

For the month of September, I was assigned to Noel Elementary's Class of 2011  blog. I was assigned to a student named Blanca. She is a beginning blogger. Just like me! These students were assigned two assignments. The first was an "About Me" post. This is what Blanca had to say:

"Well my name is Blanca I am 14 years old I was born Texas in a town called Maccllen. When I was 4 years old i moved to Missouri in a town called Noel I lived in a little yellow house. I  am half Indian and Mexican and white my dad is Indian and White my mom is Mexican. I been to 10 states well thats me so byy."

I commented on her post by saying:
Hello there, Blanca! (great name by the way.)

My name is Brandi Alexander and we just started our Comments for Kids assignments for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm so excited to meet all of these students through the great invention of the internet and blogging! I, like you, am a first time blogger and I have learned so much about how beneficial technology can be when used properly in the classroom. I hope your experience is as educational as mine has been!


I see that you've been to 10 states. Does that mean you've visited them, or you have lived in 10 states? Either way, I think it's great that you've been so many places and experienced so many different things. I think it contributes to you becoming a well rounded person. I wish you good luck on the rest of your school year!


Her second post was an assignment called "A Learning Manifesto". The students had to make goals or promises that they wanted to meet during the school year. This was Blanca's Manifesto:

This year I promise to respect my teachers. I will give them my full intention and i will not try to talk  because I have a big mouth and i will talk but this year i won't talk.  Know what they say better listener the more samarter you  are.
  • I promise to study harder and right down notes and do all my homework for I could be 100% ready for the high school and have a good grades.
  • This year I promise to accomplish my my goals my goals for this year is to show a good inspiration for the upcoming 8th grade and to show them how to be a leader and set an example.
  • This year my peers will respect me because I will respect them they have full confident on me if they need me they know all always be there for them no mater what they can count on me and so can my teachers.
  • This is my biggest one because I hate reading AR books but I Blanca.P promise to read at least 15 books in one school year I have never read this many books   but I will accomplish this goal and if I don't then u could sap me up side of my head but if I do my teachers will be HAPPY. 
I commented on her manifesto post by saying:
Great, realistic goals! Being respectful to others, and yourself, will get you far. I appreciate how you want to be a leader and set good examples for the upcoming 8th grade class. I've always had a hard time making myself read books too, but when I finish a book I have a feeling of accomplishment and I learn a thing or two as well! Good luck finishing these goals, and I hope you learn a lot this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment